Sunday, April 3, 2011

MTME Pretty Pattern Challenge 03


Here is my next entry for the 3rd Pretty Patterns challenge on the My Time Made Easy blog.  I'm not sure if I missed the contest entry date, but I will be submitting it anyway.

 

I really like how it turned out.  The colors are Spring Moss and Sweet Blush from Papertrey Ink, and Chocolate brown (don't know where this is from) with digital paper from the Tea Parlor collection from MTME. 

I stamped the flowers on vellum and colored the back with markers.  You really can't tell from the picture.  But that is why I added the brads in the corners.   The flower stamp is from Stampin' Up. It is one of my favorite stamps and I use it all the time when I want something a little more elegant.


The butterfly is from a Martha Steward punch that I added a string of beads for the center.  I also used some darker pink ink to make the edges stand out.  It took me a long time to finish this one because I just couldn't decide on the right color combination.  I should try out the color challenges and see if they are easier to do.

Until next time!


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card.. The flowers are so pretty..Great take on the sketch..Thanks for playing along with us at MTME Pretty Patterns:)

    ReplyDelete