Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July Papertrey Bloghop

Hi there! I hope you are enjoying your summer.  It has finally cooled down here in Pittsburgh after some hot and humid (and very wet) days.  I decided to join in on the Blog Hop color challenge.  Here are the colors I choose to use:

  
And here is my card:


I used the Life stamp set and stamped the flowers in Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz and stamped the leaves in Simply Chartreuse.  I did the double stamp technique (not sure if that's what they call it), where you stamp twice without re-inking.  I don't have the Berry Sorbet ink, but the second stamp of the Pure Poppy looks at bit like the Berry Sorbet. 

The sentiment is from Birthday Basics (one of my most used sets) and I curved it to fit the shape of the circle.  I love how you can do this with these stamps.  Makes them even more versatile.  The sentiment is stamped in Pure Poppy and the butterflies in Raspberry Fizz.  I thought there was a little too much pink on the image and I like some dimension, so I stamped the larger butterfly in Pure Poppy and cut it out.   I added some glitter to the wings and a jewel in the middle for some sparkle.  It is mounted on Pure Poppy cardstock and then onto Raspberry Fizz die cut from Spellbinders. 

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of your day blog-hopping!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layering! Great use of the colors in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I love the "Life" stamp set and also how you put the sentiment in the middle...very nicely done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, makes me feel I just walked out into the flower garden.

    ReplyDelete