Saturday, October 4, 2014

Tea Party 2014

You're invited to tea!
 
 
Well, it is time again for my annual tea party.  Five of my girlfriends came over for a lovely afternoon of tea and treats.  I enjoy creating a relaxing and beautiful table setting, but culinary arts is not my specialty.  However, everything always turns out great (most times better than expected).  So, needless to say, my recipes are usually pretty simple and only take a few ingredients. 
 

 
Here are a few pictures of my tablescape and buffet table.  I like to keep the food separate from the table so that there isn't so much clutter on the table.  I hold my teas in our sunporch, my favorite place in the house (other than my craftroom). 
 
 
My aunt gave me some teacups that her MIL bought in Paris years ago. They are very unique and I was afraid to use them.  We did anyway and they made the table look so elegant.  I love how the inside of the cups are also gold.
 
 
The placecards were hand-stamped using the teapot from Papertrey's Tea Time set.  To create the namecard, I used my computer to list the attendees name in the center and then stamped some embellishments around the corners.  I taped a small binder clip to the back of the teapot with the clip side up.  Then clipped the namecard to the binder clip.  Stands up nicely! 

 


Here's a picture of the back of the teapot.  Hope you can see it.
 

And I had to add a picture of the flowers that I arranged. I used mason jars and glued some border lace around the middle of the jar, then tied a piece of twine around the top.  I wanted a floral arrangement that wasn't so large that my guests couldn't see the person on the other side of the table.

 
 
I think I did pretty good for not knowing how to arrange flowers!

Now, on to my buffet table...
 
 
I used a six foot folding table and added a two props with a board on top to create a second level.  The table was covered with a large tablecloth to fit the table and then an overlay cloth that is a sparkly gold was added. Then I added a tulle swag in the front for some detail.  I added two artificial vines with cream-colored roses, one on the top level and one on the bottom.  There were also some butterflies mixed in that I got from the dollar store.  I also made menu cards using the same teapot stamp from Papertrey Ink.
 
On the menu:
 
 
First up is fruit salad.  Very easy to make!  5 cups of your favorite fruit mixed with two tablespoons of vanilla pudding mix.  Mix it up and it is delicious.  Found the recipe here: http://www.yellowblissroad.com/summer-fruit-salad/
 
 
Mini pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting.  I found the recipe here:  http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/11/16/favorite-pumpkin-cupcakes/  They were easy to make and so delicious!  Everyone loved them.  I will definitely make them again.


  Chocolate Chip Orange Scones.  The recipe came from an old Betty Crocker cookbook.  Very easy to make.  There is a standard recipe and then you can add anything you like to it - raisins, blueberries, chocolate etc.  Last year I made (well, my husband did) white chocolate cranberry.  Delicious!  So, if you have a BC cookbook somewhere in your house (which you probably do), take a look, you might already have the recipe!
 
The rest of the recipes came from Tea Time Magazine and I do not have permission to reprint.  If you love tea parties, you have to get this magazine!
 
 
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
 

Chocolate Hazelnut Shortbread Tartlets 
(I'll give you a hint - Nutella and dark chocolate chips) 

 
Sandwiches:  Green Grape and Kiwi Chicken Salad
Cucumber Dill Canapes
Goat Cheese and Fresh Herb Triangles

 
And of course, the most important thing on the menu - tea!  We enjoyed Maple black tea and Bananas Foster red tea, both very delicious.
 
There you have it! 
 
Thanks for viewing and I hope you decide to have a tea party soon!

One last thing, I always ask my guests if they would like to contribute to a special charity.  This year we raised $175.00 for the Wounded Warrior Project.  What a great way to give back!


No comments:

Post a Comment