Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine Box

I made this box for my husband for Valentine's Day.  He really liked it, even though it is a bit 'girly'.  He appreciates that that is my style.  And of course it was filled with Dove chocolates.  Yum! 


I first made the inside of the box.  It measures 4.5 x 3, plus 1 inch for each of the sides.  I cut two of largest Labels 17 dies out of patterned paper to use for the top and bottom.  The first is glued to the bottom of the box.  Then I cut a piece of patterned paper to create an inside lid to glue the label die to.  You can see it better in the picture of the inside below.   Before gluing the top and bottom pieces, I added a piece of ribbon so that the box can be tied shut.


On the top of the box, I decorated with first a doily and used tea dye Distress Ink to give it that vintage look.   Label die #4 and Fancy Tags #1 and #3 were cut in cream and teal.  I added three folded roses in different shades of pink and added some punched leaves.  The pearls are on a string that I glued to the top to make it look like flourishes.   


In the inside, I printed out the sentiment from my computer and cut into a heart shape.  Around the edges of the heart, I used tea dye Distress Ink then glued to the top of the inside of the box. 




Here are some close-ups of the folded roses that I made.  They are very tricky and take some practice to make them look right.  I found these laying around that I had made years ago and they seem to go nicely with the project. 

I hope you enjoyed my Valentine box! 

Ivette

No comments:

Post a Comment