Sunday, February 19, 2012

16th Birthday Card

Here is a card I did for my niece's 16th birthday.  She probably didn't get it yet, so I really hope she likes it.   It took me a while to get the color combination right.  I am happy with the way it turned out. 


I wanted the '16' to really stand out, so I added glitter on the numbers after I punched them out using the alphabet dies for the Cuttlebug.  I used the middle die from Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3.  Then combined the circle punch with the Lacey Circles die punch to create the look.


 Here is a close-up of the 16, I hope you can see the glitter.  The sentiment is from Papertrey that I split up so it fit better on the card.



Here is a close-up of the two butterflies. They also have some glitter on the ends of the wings.  I decided to add a button to the centers to give them a little more color. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Birthday Basics
Patterned paper: COLORBLOK
Ink:  Studia G
Accessories:  Martha Stewart butterfly punch, glitter, buttons, Spellbinders nestibilities and shapeabilities dies, circle punch, Cuttlebug alphabet dies, jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment