Tuesday, March 27, 2012

MTME Pattern Sketch #53


Welcome to my blog!  I have a card to share today that was made for the My Time Made Easy sketch challenge.   This one was a lot of fun matching the patterned paper and coming up with something to add to the four corners.  I don't know if you are like me or not, but I stress out trying to find the right 'bling' to add to my cards.  Sometimes I spend hours trying to find just the right button.  And then go back to what I originally picked out!  Well, that is all the fun of it, right?


So, this is what I came up with. I think it looks pretty in pink.  Nice for spring.  I used patterned paper and the Bold Botanicals stamp set from MTME.  I just love that set.  The flowers are so pretty!  The corners are buttons that I added a flower brad to.  I wanted to use both the pink and green but didn't want it to be too bulky or too big.  So, I decided to layer them.  Gives it a slightly different look. 


I stamped the flower in green then colored with markers. Then overlayed the markers with Prisma colored pencils. It gives it little shine and some extra dimension to the flower and leaves. Maybe you can see it better in the close-up.  The flower was stamped on Labels 4 die and the edges inked with pink, then layered on the Labels 17 die.  To get the green border, I die cut the label and left it in the die.  Used a little bit of tape on the back to keep it in place.  Then used the lime green to ink around the border.  When you take the label out of the die, you have a white border around the edge.  

Enjoy your day!

Ivette

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the marker and pencil layering. I will have to try that. The button and brad combo really pops out and adds a nice touch to the card. Such pretty colours for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Your image is lovely! Thanks for joining us at MTMEPPS!

    ReplyDelete