Sunday, March 25, 2012

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge

Good day to everyone!  Glad you could join me today for my very first Papertrey Blog Hop.  I'm excited to be partcipating.  The challenge: to create a card based on the inspirational photo below. What a pretty spring combination. The weather here in southwestern PA has been unseasonably warm, so working on a spring project seemed to fit the mood. 



So, here is my take on the colors.  I used Make a Wish stamp set using Auqa Mist and white paper.  I used a bright yellow ribbon and buttons to create the 'sunshine' look.  The present and ribbon were stamped in Aqua Mist and cut out.  I also stamped another ribbon in yellow and cut it out.  These were mounted on the Labels Four die from Spellbinders that I edged with yellow ink.  The sentiment was stamped in Aqua Mist.   
I also created this card for my local stamp club challenge using the sketch above.   It's fun to combine challenges, makes it more challenging!

Enjoy the blog hop!

Ivette

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Ivette! I especially love the shading on the labels die cut. It adds and extra special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the dotty texture and the corner bling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card. Beautiful layout. Love how you inked the edges of the label. Those buttons are perfect. They reminded me of the candy in the inspirational photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to combine both challenges! I like that the yellow on the mat looks airbrushed on. And those three little embellishments on the bottom are pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete