So, on to my card... I stamped the flower and colored it with prisma color pencils. I tried to get the shading down, but I still need some practice. The flower was cut out and mounted on agua paper with pop dots to give it a little dimension.
I put two label dies of different shapes together to make the orange background. I like how it turned out. It is fun to put the dies together and you get all kinds of interesting shapes. The stripes were stamped on white paper in aqua ink using a background stamp. A piece of twine was added to give a little bit of texture to the card.
I decided to add a 'Thinking of You' sentiment since most of the cards I have been making will be sent to Operation Write Home (visit their website for more information) But that means I cannot use any glitter, which I love to use! Oh, well, it's for a good cause.
The card needed a little more orange, so three flower brads were added. I have been trying to use the 'rule of three', which means you have three instances of each of the colors. Got three oranges and three aquas, but only two kraft. But I figure that the cardstock,which is the largest space on the card, makes up for the missing piece.
Let me know what you think. I hope you enjoyed my project!