Thursday, July 19, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #75

This week's Papertrey challenge is 'Roll the Dice Challenge'.  I was hesitant to try it, but I'm glad I did.  This was a hard one, but I pulled through and I like how it turned out.

So, this is what I got:
Orientation: Vertical
Layout:  #5
Stamp Image:  Tea for Two
Sentiments/Supporting:  Mat Stack 2
Color Combo:  Red, Gray, Black and White
Embellishments:  Glitter


I used one of the corner stamps from Mat Stack 2 to create a damask look in black on gray cardstock.  Then used the same corner stamp on the coordinating die cut. 

The teapot is from Tea for Two set and was stamped in Pure Poppy and outlined in black.  I added a punched flower in gray for a little more color.   It is a little hard to tell from the picture, but the leaves were coated in glitter glue, as well as the center of the flower.  Then I added little dots of glitter in the centers of the corner stamps that are behind the teapot and on the damask design. 

The sentiment is from Tea for Two and is stamped in black and red.  It is mounted on a piece of red cardstock and backed by a piece of black paper that was punched using a Martha Stewart border punch.
I enjoyed this challenge, even though at first I thought there was no way I was going to be able to come up with anything with the supplies and colors that I 'rolled'.  

Until next time, happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment