Sunday, June 24, 2012

Make It Monday #71: Bordered Sentiments

Welcome to my blog!  I have finally finished making this week's Make It Monday challenge.  I usually just make it in at the last minute!  The challege is to create bordered sentiments using the masking technique.  It is a rather simple challenge, but I had a lot of trouble with the border that I choose to use.  It is not one of my best cards because there are some mistakes on it (whoops!).  But I did the stamping three times, but ran out of time to try it again.


I used the sentiment from Big Favorites #12 and the Guide Lines set from Papertrey.   Inside the blue lines was masked off so that the background was not stamped within the lines.  Each green and blue medallions was individually stamped to create the background.  The edges were softened with some lighter blue to give it a litte more depth. 


I added some liquid pearls to the center of the green medallions and added a simple knotted ribbon.  I like the overall effect of the card, but unfortunately I ran out of time to make it perfect!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment